Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May is Bursting Out All Over

This is the title of this piece by May's Artist X:

How appropriate a title given the volatile spring we have had so far. Normally arid Colorado is certainly not that way this month; it has been all rain, rain, rain. This bodes well for our flora & fauna and also minimizes our fire danger, but I am in the camp that is ready for a change and anticipating our sun's return.

Luckily we had some brief moments of that orb on Sunday afternoon when I visited the Denver Botanic Gardens for the first time this season. Yes, I miss the Henry Moore sculptures that were up last year, but I have to express my pleasure that Allan Houser is this year's replacement. I grew up admiring his monumental work in Santa Fe as well as the small piece my parents own in our home. Here is a shot of me in front of a lovely one accenting the concert hill:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment